Located on the banks of the river Misbourne, and surrounded by agricultural land and extensive woodland, the town of Old Amersham has become a central area for the community and the local markets have encouraged traders to base themselves in Amersham helping the local economy prosper.
The Crown Inn - Amersham
Directly opposite The Artichoke, steeped in history, The Crown is a National Heritage Grade II listed building and over 400 years old in parts, beautifully complemented by sleek modern design and contemporary comforts. Soon after arriving you’ll realise it’s no wonder Old Amersham, and The Crown in particular, has been chosen as the location for much filming over the years.
The King’s Arms - Amersham
Dating all the way back to the 1400’s, the hotel has been carefully refurbished to ensure each guest a comfortable and enjoyable stay keeping the historical charm and character of the building. The Kings Arms is also home to the The Kings Chapel and craft gin brand – Old Amersham Gin.
The Five Arrows
The Five Arrows is a grade II listed boutique hotel with 16 contemporary bedrooms, recently refurbished to the highest standard; maintaining the historical legacy of the building but adding a contemporary feel of comfort. Located at the gates of Waddesdon Manor, the unique historic house is surely worth a visit.
Le Manoir aux Quat’Saisons
Great Milton, Oxford
Created by celebrated chef Raymond Blanc OBE, Le Manoir aux Quat'Saisons is one of the country's most cherished manor house hotels. Retire to one of the manor house’s 32 individually-designed hotel rooms each one drawing inspiration from Raymond’s travels. No matter which you pick, top-tier comforts combine with imaginative decor to create an irresistible hideaway.
Cliveden House is a Grade I stately home set upon 376 acres of beautifully presented National Trust grounds, privately owned five AA Red Star award winning hotel as well as a luxurious five-star Relais & Châteaux hotel and spa which story is one of over 350 years of powerful personalities and scandalous affairs. Built in 1666 by the 2nd Duke of Buckingham, as a gift to his mistress, Cliveden House has remained a pinnacle of intrigue and glamour.